Hi Everyone, and welcome back! Today I have a pretty Christmas card, and I have to say that I love the way this one turned out. I Copic colored the Whimsy Stamps Cozy Blanket background several weeks ago, but forgot about it in the craziness of our lives during October and November. Originally, I thought this stamp begged for dimension and shading that only Copics could give. What do you think?
Most of the techniques in this card are pretty straightforward, but here are some tips to note:
- Die cut the ‘Merry’ sentiments and Christmas branches from white cardstock first. Leave the cut pieces in the cardstock (so that the negative and positive cuts are still pieced together.) This makes coloring much, much easier than trying to hold tiny pieces individually.
- I gave the ‘Merry’ die cuts interest by coloring them in an ombre effect. Don’t forget to outline the word with a marker! You should always outline die cuts, whether in color or black (for a stamped image). It finishes the project, and gives it a professional look.
- I cut four ‘Merry’ die cuts for the green (I only colored one), and glued them together for dimension. (Don’t forget to outline after they are all glued together!)
- Guess how I tied the perfect bow? I know there are lots of tricks out there, but I tied the ribbon onto the end of my Tim Holtz “pokey tool” (LOL) to tie the bow. Then I just tightened it, and slid it off the end. Easy as pie!! Simplest trick I’ve tried.
- I’m not a clean and simple, one layer card girl. I like oodles of dimension, and I layer, foam tape, and add foliage die cuts to most any card I can. I am obsessed with the Crissy Armstrong Christmas Branches die set this season! I adore how these mistletoe branches and berries turned out. I colored them, placed them on the card (some with foam dots), and then added Stickles for extra sparkle.
- Now about sparkle … I am THAT kind of crafter too! Bring on the glitter, sparkle, and shine – especially during the holidays. I added Ranger Gold Tinsel embossing powder for the heat embossed ‘Christmas’ sentiment. Stickles gave the foliage extra shine, and finally I added Wink of Stella to the colored ‘Merry’ die cuts for more luster. If I had planned better, I might have even added Shimmer Spritz to the colored blanket stamp.
You can find a similar card I created using some of these products HERE.
So, what do you think? Doesn’t the shading on the Cozy Blanket stamped image change the entire look of this stamp? I love it! Hope your crafty season is going well so far. Love and crafty hugs!
Whimsy Products Used:
PS – Affiliate links used where applicable. However, I only use products I highly recommend to friends. All ideas and opinions are my own.